Recently, Pope Francis
- met with Peruvian priest Gustavo Gutierrez, the self-declared founder of liberation theology.
- Restored to the priesthood Miguel d’Escoto, the Sandinista who expounded liberation theology as a priest and turned Nicaragua into a Cuban-ruled hellhole. D’Escoto also considers Fidel Castro a saint.
- Brokered the “easing” of U.S.-Cuba relations that left the Cuban dissidents out in the dark.
- Welcomed Raul Castro for an hour-long private audience.
- UPDATE: Recognizes the Palestinian state.
To quote the estimable Mark Steyn, “If he were working for the other side, what exactly would he be doing differently?”
More on the Pope and liberation theology at IBD: Liberation Theology’s Comeback Comes With A KGB Caveat
Linked to by Babalu. Thank you!