Dire times, as a once-wealthy country sinks further into the abyss (h/t RF), reported by the UK’s Daily Mail,
Desperate Venezuelans turn to ritual slaughter to save sick relatives as failing economy leaves hospitals with empty shelves and no medicine
– Venezuelans are turning to black magic in an attempt to treat sick relatives
– Comes as growing shortages intensify in the failing Left-wing country
– Hospitals have run out of drugs to treat patients as well as other supplies
– Rituals include sacrificing birds and making desperate offerings to Gods
– Shamans, herbalist, witches and priests cash in on people’s fears
– WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT
Praying to the god Ochún to cure leukemia,
Mr Otrupo’s seven-year-old daughter, Yansaire, was suffering from leukaemia and the city’s hospitals had run out of cancer drugs. The deliveryman was hoping that the gods could succeed where the Socialist state had failed.
The 43-year-old is one of thousands of Venezuelans turning to black magic in a frantic attempt to treat their ailing loved ones amid growing shortages in the collapsing Left-wing country.
One thing for sure: The richest woman in the country, Hugo Chávez’s daughter María Gabriela, won’t be relying on Ochún when she’s ailing.
What became of all those Cuban doctors that went to Venezuela?