I’ve been preoccupied with more immediate concerns, but even then this has struck me as emblematic of the stupidity of the current political climate:
The big issue is that 20 years ago Donald Trump told Alicia Machado she needed to lose weight after she gained sixty pounds while she was still Miss Universe.
Clearly, Hillary is going for the overweight female vote.
She’s definitely not going for the Hispanic vote. More on that below.
“You had somebody who basically insulted women and then doubled down,” Obama said in an interview on the “Steve Harvey Morning Show.”
The president added that the way Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, talks about women’s weight and looks “instead of the content of their character and their capabilities” means he “is not somebody that I want in the Oval Office.”
Let’s parse this:
somebody who basically insulted women
1. Why should women be insulted?
Alicia Machado does not represent me as an individual, much less as a woman.
The woman in question was under contractual obligation to remain in the same physical condition as she was when she got the job.
Alicia Machado went from 115 pounds to 170 pounds within a few months. At 5’7″ and 170lbs, she would be considered obese, and fighting obesity is a cause Michelle Obama has embraced.
2. You can argue that Trump “basically insulted” women but you can’t ignore the current rape allegations against Bill Clinton, and the Democrat presidential candidate’s role in suppressing and harassing the women who came forward.
talks about women’s weight and looks “instead of the content of their character and their capabilities”
So let’s look at the “content” of Alicia Machado’s character and capabilities:
Alicia Machado, after her term as Miss Universe,
- allegedly drove the getaway car when her then-boyfriend shot a man,
- threatened to kill the judge who found the same then-boyfriend guilty of attempted murder,
- had sex on TV with a fellow cast member of Spain’s version of Big Brother, La Granja, while engaged to MLB player Bobby Abreu,
- gave birth to a daughter allegedly sired by drug lord José Gerardo Álvarez, “el Indio” – who was connected to Sinaloa cartel-affiliated Beltrán Leyva and Los Negros cartels,
- and her daughter’s christening was attended Beltrán Leyva cartel bigwigs Arturo Beltrán Leyva, the “Jefe de Jefes”, his brother Héctor Beltrán, and hitman Edgar Valdés Villarreal, “La Barbie” (related posts here).
By the way, what happened to the guy who first revealed the information on the christening party? He was killed while having lunch at a cafe prior to when he was scheduled to testify on the Beltrán Leyva case.
HOW’S THAT FOR “CONTENT OF HER CHARACTER,” OBAMA?
Which brings me to why this won’t get Hillary any Hispanic votes (other than Machado’s, who was granted U.S. citizenship earlier this year – how’s that for vetting?): A lot of Latinos follow celebrities, and Hillary couldn’t have found one more disreputable and generally disliked had she tried.
On the other hand, Alicia fits right in with the Clintons.
Linked to by Clarice Feldman. Thank you!
Linked to by Director Blue. Thank you!
Trump is stupid enough he’s still carping on the Machado woman. How did our great nation end up with the two most unsuitable candidates for POTUS out of a population of 320 million people?