At the Watchers’ Council,
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“As an American liberal with impeccable credentials, I would like to say that political correctness is going to kill American liberalism if it is not fought to the death by people like me for the dangers it represents to free speech, to the exchange of ideas, to openheartedness, or to the spirit of art itself.” – Best selling author Pat Conroy
“Those who make conversations impossible, make escalation inevitable.” – Stephen Molyneux
“The idea that you have to be protected from any kind of uncomfortable emotion is what I absolutely do not subscribe to.” – John Cleese
This week’s winning essay,Staely McDaniel Manor’s Progressives: Bayoneting Their Wounded is his account of exactly what goes on in academia at your typical Orwellian White Privilege and Male Bashing conference, this one ironically held in Philadelphia where our freedoms began! Here’s a slice:
As regular readers will doubtless remember, I have often written about leftist ideology. Paramount in leftist thought—such as it is—is the principle that leftist policies, no matter how idiotic on their face, no matter how spectacularly and often they fail, can never be wrong. They’re not wrong; the people who thought they were wrong were mistaken. This unfortunate tendency to double down on disaster was nowhere in greater evidence of late than at the 17th annual White Privilege Conference held in Philadelphia.
I was not aware that there had been 16 prior conferences, but that omission is no doubt due to my white privilege. And to think: I’ve been missing out on 16 years of self-flagellation for working my buns off my entire life and believing the world owed me nothing at all, despite my general blue-eyed, pale-skinned whiteness.
One would think such a conference would be a safe and diversity-friendly place, however, as John Belushi used to say: “but noooooooooooooo! Consider the horrific reality from participants of the conference, courtesy of heatst.com:
Even at the White Privilege Conference, blatant, brutal racism runs amok! It’s just like Democrat-controlled cities: they’re all cesspools of racism, sexism, and violence. And imagine the horror of this:
Certainly no white person of the same gender and approximately the same size, shape and hair color—brown—has ever been mistaken for another white person. And imagine the unimaginable horror of this:
It’s almost unfathomable. POC and indigenous ppl come to their very own white people bashing conference and find themselves unsafe! Who coulda thunk it? But the horror was just beginning:
The disaster of understanding culminated in the keynote speech, delivered by Jim Loewen, a demonstrably progressive sociologist, respected professor of African American Studies and perhaps the country’s leading expert on racism in the deep south during the Confederacy and beyond. Little did Prof. Loewen know, as he was delivering his speech, that his very act of speaking to the audience was cause for concern.
Imagine the consternation of poor Professor Loewen, a man who doubtless imagined himself an intolerant, politically correct, perpetually outraged progressive, a man ashamed of his own privilege and whiteness, when people at the White Privilege conference, a conference whose premises he unquestionably believed and took to heart, was accused of white supremacy. And for what? Allegedly running over the time allotted for his speech about white supremacy:
But wait a white privileged moment! He didn’t go over his allotted time; so what’s the problem?
Of course. The facts don’t matter. The accused must lay down and accept the death sentence. Aeriel A. Ashlee was completely wrong, but because she’s non-white, she has absolute moral authority and can’t possibly be wrong. The issue is that Professor Loewen is demonstrating his white privilege defensiveness instead of accepting responsibility for what he didn’t do wrong. Progressive ideology cannot possibly be wrong!
But it’s even worse, gentle readers, than we, with our white privilege, can possibly imagine. Professor Loewen used the “N” word!
More at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Andrew McCarthy with First, Let’s Get the Facts on Saudi and Iranian Involvement in 9/11 submitted by Joshuapundit. Commenting about the pending bill in congress to allow the families of victims of 9/11 to sue the Saudi government for what appears to be it’s obvious complicity, he comments that great nations do not address acts of war with lawsuits. That is, unless your president is George W. Bush. He wants us to get the facts about Iranian and Saudi complicity and then decide how to proceed.
For what it’s worth, Iranian complicity in the 9/11 attacks is already proven fact and verified by a US federal court decision, something I wrote about some time ago. That two U.S. presidents, including our current one knew about this and did nothing about it is a clue as to why Iran has no respect for America anymore. Especially when that attitude was underlines by President Barack Hussein Obama’s blatant appeasement of the islamo-fascist regime in Teheran.
Here are this week’s full results. Bookworm Room, GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD, the Noisy Room, the Razor, and The Right Planet were unable to vote this week, but all were not subject to or not affected by our usual two thirds vote penalty for not voting :
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes!–Stately McDaniel Manor–Progressives: Bayoneting Their Wounded
- Second place with 2 votes – Joshuapundit–When The Cannibals Eat Their Own…
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes –Bookworm Room – The infantile Left
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Fausta’s Blog – Mexico: Investigators call it quits
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Puma By Design – Parents demand privacy protection after school approves transgender bathroom use
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote –The Right Planet – Baofeng UV-5R Counterfeit Cable Madness
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Nice Deb – Bizarre New Super PAC Ad Has Kasich Winning the Nomination at Convention
- First place with 2 votes! –Andrew McCarthy – First, Let’s Get the Facts on Saudi and Iranian Involvement in 9/11 submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes –PJ Media: Klavan On The Culture –UnAmerican ESPN submitted by Stately McDaniel Manor
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –Ben Shapiro/The Daily Wire –10 Signs You’ve Joined The Trump Cult submitted by Nice Deb
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –38 Pitches/Curt Schilling–The hunt to be offended…submitted by The Watcher
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Richard Fernandez/PJ Media – The Surprising Weakness of Invincible Institutions submitted by Fausta’s Blog
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Carolyn Zelikow/Market Urbanism – Richard Florida Should Replace The Term ‘Creative Class’ With ‘Country Club submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place with 1/3 votes – The Other McCain –Feminism: It’s about SCIENCE submitted by The Razor
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum. and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the weeks’ nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, and you won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.
And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter..’cause we’re cool like that, y’know?