At the Watchers’ Council,
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
We note with regret the departure of our dear friend Maggie of Maggie’s Notebook, who resigned her seat on the Council to concentrate on other matters. We all wish her well and will miss her, even though she will continue to be a valued part of the Council community.
But we do have some good news. Replacing Maggie in our stellar line up is The Daley Gator, who makes his debut this week.And if you haven’t previously had the pleasure of reading him, you’re in for a real treat.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- The Noisy Room – Cruz Takes High Road — SC Conservatives Boo Trump After He Takes Cheap Shots At Ted Cruz
- The Daley Gator – FINALLY, The Obamassiah tackles society’s most pressing issue
- Bookworm Room – Impressions of the Democrat Party debate
- Joshuapundit–Barack Obama’s Real Legacy – America, Humiliated
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Desert Storm @ 25
- Fausta’s Blog – Iran in the news
- The Right Planet – New U.S. Army Patch a Dead Ringer for Muslim Brotherhood Logo
- The Glittering Eye –Broke Down Engine
- The Independent Sentinel – Obama Moves to Destroy the Marine Corps Who Are No Longer to Be Called “Men”
- The Razor – The NFL: Not For Long
- Puma By Design – Extortion Season: Race baiter, Sharpton, Calls for Boycott of the Oscars
- VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America
- Nice Deb – Saturday Movie Matinee: Hillary Is A Liar
- The Pirate’s Cove – Surprise: Hillary’s In-secure Server Held US Government’s Most Secretive Programs
- Blazing Cat Fur – Is America Racist?
- Life News – Adult Stem Cells Yield “Miraculous Results” as They Reverse Condition of Patients With MS
- Mark Steyn –The Humiliation submitted by The Noisy Room
- Bob Owens/Bearing Arms –One Maryland Sheriff Working To Expand Second Amendment Rights In Maryland submitted by The Daley Gator
- Rabbi Shmuley Boteach/Observer–Hillary’s Israel-Hating Secret Advisor Comes Out Swingingsubmitted by Bookworm Room
- Jonathan Speyer/PJ Media – We’ve Got It Wrong: ISIS Is Not the Main Problem in the Middle East submitted by Joshuapundit
- Lyle Goldstein/National Interest – China’s Plan to Nuke America submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Charles CW Cooke/NRO – Of Course Sarah Palin Is Endorsing Donald Trump submitted byFausta’s Blog
- Diana West – What Is a Conservative? What Defines the GOP? submitted by The Right Planet
- Cliodynamics – Herbert Gintis: Societies whose business leaders have moral integrity are successful societies (a guest blog) submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Frontpage Mag–Refugees, Terrorists, Illegals And Cop Killers submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Michael Totten –North Africa Exports Rape Culture to Germany submitted by The Razor
- Daniel Greenfield –The Democratic Party’s Choice: Lenin Or Nurse Ratched submitted byPuma By Design
- Erick Erickson/The Resurgent – The Implications of Donald Trump’s Sarah Palin Endorsementsubmitted by VA Right!
- WeaponsMan –Review: Tough as They Come by Travis Mills & Marcus Brotherton submitted byNice Deb
- The People’s Cube – An open letter to Fareed Zakaria from The People’s Cube submitted by The Watcher
- Caroline Glick – The Obama administration’s most covert war submitted by The Watcher