On February 24, former President Bill Clinton was in Haiti to celebrate the opening of a luxury Marriott Hotel in Port-au-Prince. Like most foreign-backed projects in Haiti, the Clinton Foundation was a key player in its development. And like most projects involving the Clinton Foundation, a shady Clinton crony is running the show.
The 175-room hotel is owned by Digicel Group, the Caribbean and Central American telecom empire run by Denis O’Brien, an Irish billionaire who officially resides in Malta to avoid taxes and serves chairman of the Clinton Global Initiative’s Haiti Action Network. Digicel, the largest mobile provider in Haiti, invested $45 million in the project, which also benefited from $26.5 million in financing from the World Bank-affiliated International Finance Corporation. But it was Bill Clinton who made it all happen.
Read the whole thing.
Of course, Bill claims “he only works there,”
Further obfuscation to follow, in the form of aging point men declaring,
- That the accusations are “old news.”
- That the accusers are funded by right-wing conspiracists.
- That everyone does what the Clintons did.
- That the media pick on the Clintons.
- That there is no hard evidence (because they have destroyed documents) that would ever lead to a criminal case. And:
- That they are moving on, to work on behalf of the folks.
No way I want the Clintons back in office.