Last month I was asking
- who’s behind the illegal invasion?
- who’s organizing the massive transfer of tens of thousands of people across the U.S.-Mexico border?
- who’s paying for it?
On my June 14th post:
Are we supposed to believe that tens of thousands of Central America’s indigents suddenly could come up with the money to pay the coyotes? Or that the coyotes are not getting paid?
Yesterday Steven Hayward added to the questions,
• The level of violence and misery in central American nations has been severe for many years. Why are current conditions thought to be a catalyst for a surge in refugees now? Something has changed. What?
• The passage of a child trafficking law in 2008—The Wilberforce Act—is insufficient to explain what has taken place. Someone has put the word out widely in the region. Who? By what means? Purely word of mouth, or has someone organized a publicity effort to spread the word? Persuading mothers to surrender their children to be transported a thousand miles away is not an automatic sell, even with the vague promise that Obama will take care of them. What are families specifically being told? Where is the CIA in all this? Do we have agents on the ground in central America figuring out who is publicizing and organizing this massive movement?
• It is not a simple matter for children to travel a thousand miles to get to the U.S. How are the logistics being organized for transporting thousands of children thousands of miles? Who is hiring the buses? Someone is paying for this. Who?—Drug cartels? How much is this costing?
• The Washington Post reported yesterday that the Obama administration was warned a year ago that a flood of refugee children might be on its way. The story points to a bland and tautological Dept. of Homeland Security report that attributes the rising number of UACs to its inability to process the numbers now appearing, thereby creating a backlog. It offers no insight—in fact doesn’t even raise the question—as to why the numbers are surging. It must have been written by the same people who run VA hospitals.
• It is a curious thing that the Obama administration apparently put out for bid a contract to process 65,000 children some months before they started showing up in large numbers. Why was this done? What was the information that led the administration to take this step? It’s almost as though someone knew what was coming.
The White House blames the cartels,
That’s the same White House, by the way, which hid a huge spike in “family units” who are illegally crossing the Texas border, according to the Border Patrol’s data (emphasis added):
the number of migrants who cross the border in so-called “family units” has spiked five-fold to 55,420, according to the border patrol’s data, which came out amid a storm of news about the shoot-down of a Malaysian aircraft in Ukraine, delays in failed U.S. nuke talks with Iran, and on Hamas’ continued war against Israel.
In the Rio Grande area where most of the migrants are crossing the border, the number of so-called “unaccompanied children” was actually outnumbered by the inflow by adults, parents and children in “family units,” according to the data.
Many questions, but particularly, cui bono?
Related: Illiberal Immigration ‘Reform’.
The asylum racket
Domino Theory. Marxist infiltration. We pushed back for a long time. The Soviets have completed the pipeline.