We’re in for nasty weather
Argentina Warehouse Blaze Kills Nine Firefighters
The Argentine government launched an investigation into a fire that killed nine firefighters and destroyed a warehouse that stored banking and corporate documents here on Wednesday.
Investigators are looking into why the “substantial fire-prevention system” failed to control the blaze, which injured at least seven others, said Security Secretary Sergio Berni.
The destroyed archives included documents stored for Argentine corporations and banks, said Buenos Aires security minister Guillermo Montenegro.
We would really love to show you the documents and records of how wonderfully our economy is doing, and specifically my keen grasp of economic reality and policy, but unfortunately we can’t
Robert Menendez and Marco Rubio, Two leading US Senators anticipate an economic crisis in Argentina, soon
The current Argentine economic situation reached the US Capitol during the hearings to consider President Obama’s nomination for future ambassador in Buenos Aires, and what was said was not encouraging.
No respect shown by Obama for Argentina; but don’t worry, the new American ambassador’s going to fit right in with the ambassadors to Norway, China, and Hungary:
Obama nominee for ambassador to Argentina says he’s NEVER been to the country
– Noah Mamet bundled at least $1 million in campaign donations to President Obama’s two presidential election campaigns, and now he’s in line to be the U.S. ambassador to Argentina
– When Sen. Marco Rubio asked him during his confirmation hearing if he had ever visited the South American country, he admitted that he hadn’t
– Last month the Obama nominee for a similar post in Norway demonstrated a lack of knowledge about that nation’s political structure and said he had never been there
– Newly minted ambassador Max Baucus, now headed to Beijing, freely admitted in his own hearing that he’s ‘no real expert on China’
– The new ambassador to Hungary is a soap opera producer and prolific Democratic fundraiser who couldn’t tell senators what America’s strategic interests are in that country
Sing it, fellas!