Just on the economic front alone it was an awesome week:
1. Weekly jobless claims shot up to 386,000.
2. Foreclosures are hitting our most vulnerable citizens.
3. Factory activity contracted for a second month in a row.
4. Home sales dropped a whopping 5.4% — the biggest drop in nine months.
5. Retail sales dropped for the third straight month.
6. Consumer confidence dipped to 84.7.
7. U.S. business inventories increased by .3%…
8. …sales dropped .1%.
9. Food prices are skyrocketing. [I swear, if those peanut butter and mayonnaise jars get any smaller, Lady M’s going to have to order them by the case lot]
10. More Americans are getting federal disability than jobs.
What are you going to do about it?
Linked by Pirate’s Cove. Thanks!