Billary on the move:
Clintons dealing for $11M Westchester mansion
Looks like Bill and Hillary Rodham Clinton are moving on up — to a deluxe mansion away from prying eyes.
Sources told The Post the Clintons are planning to trade their almost-modest suburban Chappaqua home for a sprawling $10.9 million estate in the bucolic Westchester town of Bedford Hills, complete with 20 acres of gorgeous land surrounded by New York’s elite.
The massive compound — sweetly named Clover Hill Farm — comes with high fences, two guesthouses and a mansion fit for Bubba’s millionaire lifestyle.
Reminds me of Dickens’s Hard Times,
Bounderby’s retreat, where, notwithstanding her anchorite turn of mind based upon her becoming consciousness of her altered station, she resigned herself with noble fortitude to lodging, as one may say, in clover, and feeding on the fat of the land.
Fat indeed: Check out the slideshow at the NY Post. I wonder what the carbon footprint is on that spread:
* Sale price of $10.9M
* Built in 2000
* Being sold by Paul Wallace, former president of real-estate firm Broadstone Group
* 20 acres of gardens, horse trails and pastures on private road
* 7,000-square-foot house with five bedrooms, six baths, chef’s kitchen, multiple fireplaces, wood-paneled library, wine cellar
* Heated pool with pool house, stone patios and outdoor fireplace
* Two guesthouses, artist studio and stable
And a question, Will Hillary join Bill at Clover Hill, or is she staying in Washington?21534