CNN is playing the I.O.U.S.A. documentary on the growing debt and deficits, and I received an email stating who is discussing the issue,
- Featured Panelists Include:
- Peter G. Peterson, Founder and Chairman, Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- David Walker, President & CEO, Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- Sen. Bill Bradley
- Maya MacGuineas, President of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
- Amy Holmes, political contributor for CNN
- Joe Johns, CNN Congressional Correspondent
- Diane Lim Rodgers, Chief Economist, Concord Coalition
- Jeanne Sahadi, senior writer and columnist for CNNMoney.com
I.O.U.S.A. is on today Saturday, April 10, 1:00-3:00 p.m. EST or Sunday, April 11, 3:00-5:00 p.m. EST.
Here’s the on-line version,
And another reason to watch: The lefties are angry over I.O.U.S.A.
Lonely Conservative says
Heh! I had to go to the “guide” because I don’t know what Channel CNN runs on locally.
I read through some of the viewer guide, which includes CEPR comments on the film, until I got so disgusted I stopped. In a nutshell, their opinion is that we need to be like all other wealthy countries, that health care reform is key to reducing deficits, and that debt is fine and actually good. So basically, America sucks, soaring health care costs should be fixed by redistributing health care and limiting it, and the government sucking wealth from the economy is just fine and will never cause any problems. Unless you want blood to shoot out of your eyes, I suggest you skip it.
Did you watch the video I posted?
marc in calgary says
The video is a bleak picture… I don’t know what else to say, perhaps when the debt becomes too much, the leadership will see fit to elevate fiscal responsibility to its place beside freedom in the things worth fighting for.
I don’t have CNN in this house, so thanks Fausta, for posting the video…