People are debating whether or not it is correct to refer to Obama as Barack Hussein Obama.
Hot Air has the video.
Cunningham (who by the way I’d never heard of until this morning) correctly mentions the business dealings with Rezko (see yesterday’s post), and some other allegations that should be discussed and investigated.
Obama has also made his position clear on disarming America; Doug Ross has the video (h/t Larwyn):
…I will cut investments in unproven [sic] missile defense systems…
…I will not weaponize space…
…I will slow development of Future Combat Systems…
…and I will institute a “Defense Priorities Board” to [prevent] unnecessary spending…
…I will set a goal of a world without nuclear weapons…
…and to seek that goal, I will not develop nuclear weapons…
…I will seek a global ban on the development of fissile material…
…and I will negotiate with Russia to take our ICBMs off hair-trigger alert…
…and to achieve deep cuts in our nuclear arsenals…
These are matters of national security. The future of our country depends on them. By the way, Gerard is rather suspicious of that video.
Video notwithstanding, Doug also links to Kudlow’s list of Obama’s voting record:
* Voted against extending the Bush tax cuts on capital gains and dividends.
* Voted against permanently repealing the Death Tax. (Called the cuts a “Paris Hilton” tax break for “billionaire heirs and heiresses”)
* Voted against CAFTA.
* Voted YES on raising the minimum wage to $7.25 rather than $6.25.
* Opposed the lifting of $0.54 per gallon tariff on cheaper Brazillian ethanol. Said, “ethanol imports are neither necessary nor a practical response to current gasoline prices.”
* Voted against the bankruptcy abuse bill.
* Opposes privatizing Social Security
* Voted against drilling in ANWR.
* Voted against confirmation of Sam Alito AND John Roberts as chief justice.
* Voted against extending the PATRIOT Act’s wiretap provision.
* Opposed any bans on partial birth abortions.
There’s enough in there to give plenty of pause to any non-liberal.
Instead, what is the outrage about?
Cunningham called Obama, Barak Hussein Obama. Does it constitute pandering to fear and emotion?
But we would be better served if we started (finally) discussing what it is Obama stands for, instead of what his name implies or doesn’t, or whether his wife made him quit smoking.