In today’s WSJ (via Instapundit), some facts Nancy Pelosi doesn’t want you to know: The Worker Rally: Some 810,00 undetected jobs make this the “whoops” report.
- Instead of 5.8 million news jobs over the past 3 years, the US economy has created 6.6 million
- 271,000 new jobs in September, after 250,000 new jobs in August
- 2.54 million new jobs in the past year
- The unemployment rate fell in September to 4.6%, the lowest level in five years
- Over the past 12 months wages have climbed by 4%, which is the biggest gain since 2002, and higher than the 3.3% average annual wage growth of the last 25 years (are you listening, Nancy?)
- This boom in employment started in August 2003, roughly coinciding with the economy’s growth acceleration in the wake of the Bush Administration’s 2003 tax cuts on dividends, capital gains, and in the top marginal income rate on the highest earners
Yet Nancy Pelosi promised that is she becomes Madame Speaker next year, within 100 hours of taking the gavel the House will vote to repeal those tax cuts and raise the minimum wage.
Update Via Larwyn, Tax receipts have soared by over 35%, The Federal Budget Deficit: Bush Benchmark Achieved, Ignored
A huge point has been virtually if not totally ignored since the announcement on Friday that the reported federal deficit for the fiscal year that ended a week ago was $250 billion — The Bush Administration has done what it said it would do about the deficit three years ago, and has done it a full three years early, i.e., in half the time predicted.
When it comes to national security, Nancy has said that this year’s midterm congressional campaign “shouldn’t be about national security.“, and “I don’t really consider ourselves at war.” Indeed,
Thanks to an obliging mainstream press that continues to make the Foley cybersex page scandal the lead story day after day, she and her fellow leftists are escaping accountability for doing everything in their power to tilt our legal system in favor of terrorists’ rights while undermining our military and intelligence services.
Today’s top story, North Korea reportedly successfully tests a nuclear weapon has ousted Foley from the news. As FrontPage Mag points out,
Pelosi voted NO on deploying a national missile defense system, even in the face of North Korean and Iranian development of long-range missile and nuclear capabilities. She voted NO on continuing military recruitment on college campuses, even though this would upgrade the quality and breadth of our military forces.
The DNC’s idea of supporting the troops is most Vividly illustrated by this instance in which they don’t even know what our own troops look like (more at LGF).
North Korea blasts away hopes of engagement. Stop the ACLU has details on the weaponry. As I have posted before, Hugo Chavez is shopping for North Korean weapons and cheered North Korea’s missiles last July. Additionally, North Korea and Iran share goals and technology.
Texas Rainmaker asks,
I wonder if members of the Clinton administration are again toasting this momentus milestone of their 1994 Framework Agreement?
(h/t Michelle Malkin)
Stanley Kurtz is asking What will it take to wake up the West? I want to know, what will it take to wake up Nancy?
Ask yourself that the next time you hear more masturbatory scandals from Nancy and her party.
“The United States does not need a multi-billion-dollar national missile defense against the possibility of a nuclear-armed intercontinental ballistic missile.”
Please vote for this article at Real Clear Politics