Let me state this as directly as possible: If you support Trump, you are being played. Read my post, Trump’s just “projecting an image”
Watch Ted Cruz’s new ad,
In other news,
Trump Hires “Fixer” With Soviet Connections
Interestingly, Manafort’s former business partner is Roger Stone, a former adviser to Trump who now runs a pro-Trump Super PAC. He wrote a book, popular on Russian TV, insisting that President John F. Kennedy wasn’t killed by a communist conspiracy based in Moscow or Havana, but was murdered on orders from his vice-president, Lyndon B. Johnson.
At the Watcher’s council,
If President Barack Hussein Obama says something…need I finish that sentence?
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
Trump won his home state. The media touts it like it was the invention of hot pastrami.
To which I say, Damn the torpedoes.
At the Watcher’s Council,
Every week on Monday, the Council and our invited guests weigh in at the Watcher’s Forum, short takes on a major issue of the day, the culture, or daily living. This week’s question: China And Russia – Enemies or Potential Partners?
The Razor : Neither of these nations are America’s natural enemies, but it doesn’t matter what we think. What matters is what they think, and they both perceive us as their enemies so we would be foolish not to respond accordingly. And that’s what we’ve been for the past dozen years or so, responding foolishly.
Over at the Watcher’s Council,
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“Intelligence plus character-that is the goal of true education.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.” – Theodore Roosevelt
“In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then he made school boards.” – Mark Twain
This week’s winning essay,Stately McDaniel Manor’s Racism In The Public Schools: Dead Or Alive? Is a professional educator’s look at rampant racism in the public schools..to wit, the racism and bigotry of low expectations. Here’s a slice:
Lyndon Baines Johnson was an old school, bare knuckles politician, hard-edged and bluntly obscene. He was very much reflective of his Democrat party, a party dedicated to segregation and the superiority of the white race. He is widely reported, in speaking about his “Great Society” plan,to have said:
At the Watchers’ Council,
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- Stately McDaniel Manor – Racism In The Public Schools: Dead Or Alive?
- The Glittering Eye –What Role Does Hesperophobia Play in Terror Attacks?
- The Razor – Stop Using Phobia To Describe Rational Fear or Hate
- Joshuapundit–Proof That Jew Haters Sometimes Provide A Valuable Service
- Fausta’s Blog – Mexico: The wall as trumpery
- The Noisy Room – The Panama Papers Scandal Ensnares Hillary Clinton
- Puma By Design – Colorado GOP’s Creep Factor
- The Daley Gator – So, The Kentucky Derby is now RAAAAACIST?
- VA Right! – Virginia GOP Chairman Whitbeck’s Partisanship Forces Haley Back into Chariman’s Race
- The Right Planet – The Collapse of Communism: The Untold Story
- Bookworm Room – Was Mapplethorpe the moment we lost the battle for American culture?
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – al-Qaeda’s Mini State
- Nice Deb – The List: Political Retaliation in the Age of Obama
- Glenn Reynolds/USA Today –Dear attorneys general: conspiring against free speech is a crime: Glenn Reynolds submitted by Stately McDaniel Manor
- Glenn Hubbard and Tim Kane/The Weekly Standard – Five Ways To Destroy The Economy submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Elliot A. Cohen/The American Interest –The Westerplatte Moment submitted by The Razor
- M.G. Oprea/The Federalist – How Islamists Are Slowly Desensitizing Europe And Americasubmitted by Joshuapundit
- Zero Hedge – Former IMF Chief Economist Admits Japan’s “Endgame” Scenario Is Now In Playsubmitted by Fausta’s Blog
- Mark Steyn – submitted by The Noisy RoomThe New Man and his Gender Gap
- Adina Kutnicki –Christian Slaughter IGNORED By Obama Inc., DOJ RAIDS Anti-Planned Parenthood Citizen Journalist: Where Is The Nexus? submitted by Puma By Design
- Moonbattery –Fracking Reduces Carbon emissionssubmitted by The Daley Gator
- Pam Geller – New Poll: UK Muslim vicious hatred towards Jewssubmitted by VA Right!
- Diana West – Did US Choose War over Qaddafi’s Abdication? submitted by The Right Planet
- Heather MacDonald/City Journal–When Pieties Collidesubmitted by Bookworm Room
- Parag Khanna? The National Interest – China’s ‘Use It or Lose It’ Grand Strategy submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Guy Benson/Townhall –Oops: ‘Disenfranchised’ Colorado Trump ‘Delegate’ Who Burned Voter Card…Was Neither submitted by Nice Deb
- Victor Davis Hanson – Why Westerners Make Inviting Targets for Terrorists submitted by The Watcher
- The Onion – Shimmering Immaculate Republican Candidate Appears Before GOP Officialssubmitted by The Watcher
Andrew McCarthy and Mary O’Grady both cast a jaundiced eye at Donald Trump’s campaign proposal, COMPELLING MEXICO TO PAY FOR THE WALL.
McCarthy spells out his position from the start: Trump’s Border Wall Plan Is Ridiculous on Its Face. For starters (emphasis added),
He says he will force Mexico to pay for the wall by contorting the Patriot Act, of all things, into a unilateral executive power to draft private money-transfer companies like Western Union into policing illegal-alien remittances to Mexico. In other words, 2016’s most successful “outsider insurgency” would replace the incumbent autocrat with a new autocrat. The Patriot Act is a counter-terrorism measure aimed at enhancing investigations of national-security threats, not illegal immigration. To the extent that it beefed up surveillance of money transfers, it was aimed at remittances to terrorist organizations, not to Mexico.
. . .
Section 326 of the Patriot Act — which expressly targets “international money laundering” and “terrorist financing” — empowers the Treasury Secretary to prescribe rules that financial institutions must follow in identifying people who open accounts and use them to move money. Trump figures all he needs to do is rewrite the relevant regulation. Our would-be chief executive’s memo explaining this to the Post features his signature attention to detail: It twice cites the regulation in question, but misidentifies it both times — it is actually 31 CFR 103.121, not 31 CFR 130.121. The latter provision does not exist in the Code of Federal Regulations.
The only way Mr. Trump might inhibit the flow of dollars to Mexico via the formal banking system would be to impose targeted capital controls. But that’s likely to violate U.S. obligations under a variety of international agreements.
It would also place a huge burden on Americans and the American economy. More than one million gringos live in Mexico and another 20 million visit the country every year. Plus, Mexico is America’s third largest trading partner and U.S. manufacturing is highly integrated with Mexico. Capital controls would blow up a production-sharing relationship that has made the North American economy the envy of the world.
Please read both articles in full.
So far, the only thing Trump is building around Mexico is a media avalanche criticizing everything U.S., starting with Trump, of course. Trump has gifted Mexican media and the country’s politicians a 24/7, solid-gold (probably the only solid gold in the gold-plated Trump universe) distraction from Mexico’s myriad, ingrained problems, and agitators everywhere a rallying point.
Trumpery is defined as