Eric Svane looks at the warm greetings, even if they were staged by having two Communist sympathisers praise from 20 yards of the Embassy; then
The second story concerns a further report by Canal +, as Le Petit Journal found out (warning: shocker ahead) that the Frenchmen interviewed by Cuban TV turned out to be members of the pro-Castro ¡Cuba si! association.
The journalist proceeded to try to ask them some questions. An aging member of ¡Cuba Si! tells the cameraman of Le Petit Journal‘s Hugo Clément to cut the camera, after which the conversation continues as follows:
• Hugo Clément: We have freedom of the press in this country, Sir; we’re not in Cuba here!
• Moustache: Well, you’re lucky that we’re not in Cuba, you’re lucky!
• Hugo Clément: Otherwise, what would have happened?
• Fellow in the background: They would be in jail!
• Moustache: Don’t provoke, it’s not worth it. Don’t provoke!
• Hugo Clément: Well, you are threatening me, you said I was lucky. Otherwise, what would have happened?
• Fellow in the background: Pff, you would be dead, whaddya think!
France, like so many other countries, are not putting a dime in Cuba after having to restructure, or even forgive, debts.
But hey, the French can put up a show.
We talked about it in last night’s podcast,
The zika virus spreading to various countries & and other news from Latin America…………. https://t.co/nR8lJPyx9e
— Silvio Canto, Jr. (@SCantojr) February 3, 2016