Benghazi: 4 Still on the payroll, resignations were fake


Benghazi penalties are bogus

The four officials supposedly out of jobs because of their blunders in the run-up to the deadly Benghazi terror attack remain on the State Department payroll — and will all be back to work soon, The Post has learned.

The highest-ranking official caught up in the scandal, Assistant Secretary of State Eric Boswell, has not “resigned” from government service, as officials said last week. He is just switching desks. And the other three are simply on administrative leave and are expected back.

The four were made out to be sacrificial lambs in the wake of a scathing report issued last week that found that the US compound in Benghazi, Libya, was left vulnerable to attack because of “grossly inadequate” security.

State Department leaders “didn’t come clean about Benghazi and now they’re not coming clean about these staff changes,” a source close to the situation told The Post., adding, the “public would be outraged over this.”

They ought to be, but the media’s been assiduously ignoring this story.

Jeff Dunetz:

This looks as though the Benghazi coverup is continuing at the State Department. Remember we still haven’t heard from Obama, or Clinton (Who were not questioned as part of the Accountability Review Board report) in fact Mrs. Clinton has not been seen in public for almost two weeks–she must have had one heck of a concussion.

Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) issued this statement, If Reports are True, the State Department’s Failures to Hold Officials Accountable Over Benghazi is “Disgraceful and Deceitful”

“If public reports are true, it is disgraceful and deceitful that senior officials at State who ignored multiple pleas of help from our consulate in Benghazi continue to have any influence over our foreign policy abroad. While I have asked State Department officials several times for clarification on this administrative matter, they remain silent.

The ARB was clear: these high ranking officials were among those responsible for the failures in leadership and management at State regarding the Benghazi terrorist attack. This game of smoke and mirrors by the Obama Administration and State does not do justice for the American people who deserve clear and transparent answers.”

Paul Mirengoff calls it “misdirection on top of misdirection“; I call it lies.

Cross-posted at Liberty Unyielding.

Tags: , , ,

3 Responses to “Benghazi: 4 Still on the payroll, resignations were fake”

  1. Benghazi: 4 Still on the payroll, resignations were fake | Liberty Unyielding Says:

    […] at Fausta’s blog. Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 5:02 […]

  2. fuster Says:

    here’s the story from the BBC……

    ———

    A senior US security official has quit and three others are suspended after a damning report into a deadly attack on a US mission in Benghazi.

    The state department said diplomatic security chief Eric Boswell resigned and three other unnamed officials had been put on administrative leave.

    US envoy to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other officials were killed in the attack on 11 September.

    An internal report said “grossly inadequate” security led to the deaths.

    However, the report did not suggest disciplinary action be taken against any individuals.

    Political fallout
    “The Accountability Review Board identified the performance of four officials, three in the Bureau of the Diplomatic Security and one in the Bureau of Near East Asia Affairs,” state department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said in a statement.

    “The secretary has accepted Eric Boswell’s decision to resign… The other three individuals have been relieved of their current duties.”

    ———–

    the other three were never said to have resigned. they were put on administrative leave.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20787086

  3. jlh Says:

    Clintons + Obamas = Newman + Redford = The Sting, and like that con, a majority of the onlookers are rooting for the con artists