US removes uranium from Iraq
From Associated Press, that arm of the vast right wing conspiracy:
US removes uranium from Iraq.
Let’s pay attention to that: The United States military have removed
550 metric tons of “yellowcake” – the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment
which was stored at the nuclear facility in Tuwaitha, Iraq, some 12 miles south of Baghdad.
- Saddam Hussein had a nuclear program
- At the Tuwaitha nuclear complex just south of Baghdad
- Which included 550 metric tons (over 1.2 million pounds) of “yellowcake”, or concentrated uranium
- And multiple devices that could be used in a nuclear weapon
The AP does not say alleged nuclear program. It does not add “according to military experts.” It simply says “Saddam Hussein’s nuclear program.”
Other important points:
1. The yellowcake removed is the last mayor remnant of Saddam’s nuclear program. There was more.
2. The military had removed earlier this year four devices for controlled radiation exposure which “contain elements of high radioactivity that could potentially be used in a weapon”.
3. The yellowcake was sold to Cameco, which may have been involved in the Oil-For-Food scam, and is a company in which Soros Fund Management LLC owns a substantial portion.
The Carnival of Latin America and the Caribbean will be up in a couple of hours. Bear with me – with the rescue of the Colombian hostages, it’s going to be huge!
Special thanks to Hip Hop Republican and Larwyn.